On the 24th of March 2016, Huawei, NVIDIA®, and XENON held a technical workshop to promote how Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) can cost effectively deliver a powerful mobile desktop experience to students whilst enhancing IT security, management and control.
The presentations are now available online. If you have any further queries please contact XENON at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 1300 888 030.
- An introduction to Huawei Australia
- Overview of Huawei Enterprise portfolio
- A look at ICT trends in the Education space
- Overview of Huawei Fusion Cloud VDI
- Typical scenarios and Case Studies
Any App, Any Device, Any student, Any Time. Learning is something you do, not a desk you should have to sit at.
With NVIDIA® GRID you can virtualise the Workstations in the Data Centre, with all of the flexibility, control and performance that can only happen there, and deliver either desktops or applications to either School owned devices, or student BYOD. IT administrators can change apps, power on workloads and even the performance a student experiences with a mouse, at any time of the day.
- How does GRID change the classroom dynamic?
- Equity of access to all students
- Cross campus flexibility
- Multiple classrooms with the same infrastructure
- Dynamic Scaling and flexible workloads
- Change as a constant, and more easily done
- Overview of XENON’s capabilities in Education
- Details of Traditional Workstation Lab (Scenario 1)
- Details of VDI Lab based on VMware (Scenario 2)
- Details of VDI Lab based on FusionSphere (Scenario 3)
- VDI and Total Cost of Ownership
- Introductory Offer and In-house Test Drive