MetaMux 48E «NEW»
MetaMux 48E is a hybrid multi-layer switch designed for the most latency critical networks such as trading environments.
It is multiple switches in one – performing layer 1 switching in only 5 ns and multiplexing/aggregation in 55 ns, making it extremely useful for connecting trading machines directly to exchanges.
Features and Benefits:
- Fast multiplexing: Aggregate streams from multiple sources into a single stream for hand-off to exchanges, microwave links, or WAN links. Also configurable as multiple many-to-one multiplexers.
- Integrated layer 1 switching: Patching, media conversion, tapping replication and packet statistics. Wire-once to reduce visits to the data center. Use Layer 1 broadcast to implement a return path with a latency of just 5 ns and virtually no jitter.
- Deterministic: Replaces taps to monitor or share feeds such as market-data with full regeneration and no additional overhead.
- Flexible SFP/SFP+ support: Allows the use of less expensive modules, including direct attached copper cables, that are boosted by MetaMux’s high-performance signal recovery and regeneration.
- Protocol flexibility: Protocol agnostic at layer 1 while layer 2 packet features support 1GbE and 10GbE with 100M. 100M Ethernet and rate conversion are planned for a future software release.
- Packet statistics: Advanced monitoring. Captures high-level packet statistics across all ports. Supports detailed switch statistics via SNMP or CLI. Provides tcpdump and LLDP on every port.
- FPGA Development: Flexible platform with all 48 ports connected to the onboard Xilinx® Ultrascale™ or Ultrascale+ FPGA(s) for custom applications.
- x86-64 Linux management: Uses open standards platform and MOS operating software to provide user extensible solutions.
- 5 ns latency with virtually no jitter
- Non-blocking matrix switching fabric
- SFP/SFP+ ports from 100M-11.3Gbps
- Bit-for-bit forwarding for any protocol
- Unlimited port-to-port mirroring with regeneration
- Multiple independent links through the device are supported at different data-rates
- High performance signal recovery, regeneration and conditioning (EDC on input, CDR on input and output)
- Compatible with SR, LR, ZR and LRM SFP/SFP+ modules and direct attach cables
- Drive any MSA compliant SFP/SFP+ module
- Works with long list of third-party SFP/SFP+ modules
- 100M,1GbE, 10GbE and many others
- Quad-core, hyperthreaded x86-64 CPU
- 4GB RAM, on-board SSD
- Industry standard command line interface (serial/SSH/telnet)
- Web-based GUI
- Linux based (shells, scripting, Python, RPMs etc.)
- Binary compatibility with other x86-64 based Linux systems
- Firmware restore and update via USB, serial and network
- A future software release will provide a switch subsystem API and allow user applications to run in a VM
- HTTP/S, SSH, telnet
- Serial console
- PTP, NTP
- SNMP v1, v2, v3
- Network boot via TFTP (Available in a future software release)
- Local and remote syslog
- RADIUS and TACAS+ authentication
- Temperature: 0°C to 40°C
- Humidity: 10% to 85%, non-condensing
- Maximum altitude: 3000m (9800ft)
Physical And Electrical
- Dimensions (h x w x d): 4.3 x 44.8 x 37.9cm (1.7 x 17.6 x 14.9in)
- Weight: ~8kg (17.6lbs), depending on configuration
- Maximum power: 290W
- AC voltage range: 100-240V, AC frequency: 50/60Hz
- DC voltage range: 40-72V