The XENON® Nitro™ T7 Workstation is optimised for High Performance Computing environments that require intensive processing power for visualisation, data-modelling, media production and design.
The workstation can be rack mounted for hosting within the controlled, secure environment of a data centre or deployed in the laboratory, office or studio environment with its standard pedestal mount chassis. If security or data protection are critical then the optional rack-mount kit allows installation in a standard 19” environment.
Key features include:
- Up to 5 GPU processors enables your organisation to harness the power of supercomputing in your research, production or business environment
- 12 Teraflops of processing power for the most intensive business or scientific task
- Up to 1TB of memory for complex in-memory computation, data analysis and modelling
- Internal storage for 8 high performance hot-swap disk drives
- Suitable for digital signage that utilises up to 16 Ultra high-definition displays
- GPU can be selected to depending on the requirement for single or double decimal point accuracy
- Granular management protocols including IPMI v2.0 and PMBus v1.3 to ensure uptime and consistent performance
Harness the power of Supercomputing by installing four (4) NVIDIA® Tesla GPU’s to deliver in-house HPC workloads that were previously only available to the largest organisations.
Pedestal / Tower
Third generation Dual Intel® Xeon® E5 2600v4 processor. XENON Nitro™ Workstations are built to meet a broad range of HPC computing tasks and can be customised to operate more efficiently with the type of application being used.
- Speed: 1.7GHz to 3.5GHz
- Cores: 6 to 22
- Cache: 15Mb to 55Mb
Support for up to 1024Gb DDR4 High Speed DIMM error correcting memory. The T7 supports 2400/2133/1866MHz clock speeds. High Performance memory is selected to reduce jitter and latency that ensures predictable performance when memory and CPU are optimised to exceed published specifications.
- Single bit memory errors are corrected
- Double bit memory errors are detected
- Memory operates at 1.2V
Intel® C612 Chipset The XENON Nitro™ T7 supports Enterprise class operating systems including Windows Enterprise Server, Red Hat Enterprise Server and Suse Enterprise Server. The chipset also supports BIOS provided by American Megatrends, Phoenix Technologies and Insyde Software. For expansion needs the C612 supports 10 SATA Gen 3 ports operating at 6Gb/s and up to 6 USB 3.0 ports and 8 USB 2.0 ports.
The XENON Nitro™ T7 supports (5) GPU processors for intensive computational work. You can install (4) double deck GPU’s and a single (1) single deck GPU to meet the differing needs of specific computation tasks. The Workstation supports leading GPU’s from Intel® and NVIDIA® to provide single and double decimal point error correction.
- NVIDIA® Tesla
- NVIDIA® Quadro
- Intel® Xeon® Phi™
- NVIDIA® GeForce® Titan
Operating System Support
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise (x86 and x64)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 (x64)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 (x64)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server (x86 and x64)
- Suse Enterprise Linux Server (x86 and x64)
Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI) V2.0 that features virtual media over LAN and KVM-over-LAN support via a dedicated RJ45 Ethernet port. The power supply is equipped with PMBus to alert administrators on performance parameters and flag any anomalous behaviour that may indicate a potential failure.
7.1 Realtek high definition audio with SPDIF optical digital
The workstation has an embedded SATA3 6Gb/s controller that supports up to 10 SATA 3 ports.
- Internal: (8) 3.5” SAS/SATA Hot Swap Disks
- External: (3) 5.25” Drive Bays
The XENON Nitro™ T7 provides expansion via PCI slots and USB Ports to connect with external resources.
- On board PCI expansion:
- (4) PCI-E 3.0 x16 expansion slots
- (2) PCI-E 3.0 x8 expansion slots
- (1) PCI-E 2.0 x4 expansion slot
- External USB expansion:
- (4) USB 3.0 ports
- (4) USB 2.0 ports
The XENON Nitro™ T7 features an embedded dual Intel® i350 1GbE network interface and a single dedicated IPMI port for management.
Embedded AST2400 Management Processor that offers 1900 x 1200 resolution for a console.
2000W High Efficiency redundant power supply. The power supply is enabled with the PMBus protocol to ensure stable performance operation and increase system uptime.
- Height: 17.8″(452mm)
- Width: 7.0″(178mm)
- Depth: 29.4″(746mm)
Optional Hot Swap cooling fans are individually monitored permitting administrators to quickly replace faulty units in the event of failure. Max (8)
- Operating Temperature: 10°C to 35°C (50°F to 95°F)
- Non-operating Temperature: -40°C to 70°C (-40°F to 158°F)
- Operating Relative Humidity: 8% to 90% (non-condensing)
- Non-operating Relative Humidity: 5% to 95% (non-condensing)
An optional rack mount kit is available for mounting in standard 19” data centre environments
XENON can add extra features to maximise the return on investment in HPC computing.
- Ethernet cards that operate within your Ethernet fabric at 10GbE, 40GbE, 56GbE and 100GbE speeds for maximum throughput and reliability.
- InfiniBand /VPI interface cards that offer data throughput rates of 10Gb, 20Gb,40Gb,56Gb and 100Gb/s
- High Speed, high performance DDR4 memory with ECC error detection
- High performance, low latency memory for overclocking
- SSD SATA Drives in 240GB/480GB and 960GB capacities
- NVMe PCIe SSD Flash Drives in 400/800GB and 1.2/1.6/2TB capacities
- Enterprise class SATA Drives in 1/2/3/4/6/8TB capacities