The XENON Nitro™ Workstation Z7 Workstation is optimised for Animation/Visualization and High Performance Computing environments that require intensive processing power for visualisation, data-modelling, media production and design.
- Up to (3) GPU processors enables your organisation to harness the power of supercomputing in your research, production or business environment
- Up to 1024Gb of memory for complex in-memory computation, data analysis and modelling
- Internal storage for (4) high performance quick-swap drives
- GPU can be selected whether the requirement demands single or double decimal point accuracy
Third generation Dual Intel® Xeon® E5 2600v4 processor
- Speed: 1.7GHz to 3.5GHz
- Cache: 15Mb to 55Mb
- Cores: 6 to 22
- Alternatively for less demanding requirements an E5- 1600v3 Intel® Xeon® Processor can be used and later upgraded if required.The XENON Nitro™ Workstations are built to meet a broad range of Visual and HPC computing tasks and can be customised to operate more efficiently with the type of application being used.
Support for up to 1024Gb DDR4 High Speed DIMM error correcting memory. Supports 2400/2133/1866MHz clock speeds. High Performance memory is selected to reduce jitter and latency to ensure predictable performance when memory and CPU are optimised to exceed published specifications.
- Single bit memory errors are corrected
- Double bit memory errors are detected
- Memory operates at 1.2V
Intel® C612 Chipset. The XENON Nitro™ Z7 supports Enterprise class operating systems including Windows Enterprise Server, Red Hat Enterprise Server and Suse Enterprise Server. The chipset also supports BIOS provided by American Megatrends, Phoenix Technologies and Insyde Software. For expansion needs the C612 supports 10 SATA Gen 3 ports operating at 6Gb/s and up to 6 USB 3.0 ports and 8 USB 2.0 ports.
The XENON Nitro™ Z7 supports (3) GPU processors for intensive computational work. You can install (2) double deck GPU’s to meet the differing needs of specific computation tasks. The Rack Workstation supports leading GPU’s from Intel® and NVIDIA® to provide single and double decimal point error correction.
- NVIDIA® Tesla
- NVIDIA® Quadro
- Intel® Xeon® Phi™
- NVIDIA® GeForce® Titan
BIOS Performance Enhancements
Operating System Support
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise (x86 and x64)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 (x64)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 (x64)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server (x86 and x64)
- Suse Enterprise Linux Server (x86 and x64)
Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI) V2.0 that features virtual media over LAN and KVM-over-LAN support via a dedicated RJ45 Ethernet port. The power supply is equipped with PMBus to alert administrators on performance parameters and flag any anomalous behaviour that may indicate a potential failure.
The workstation has an embedded SATA3 6Gb/s controller that supports up to 10 SATA 3 ports.
- (4) 3.5” SAS/SATA quick-swap Disks
- (2) 5.25” Drive Bays
- On board expansion:
- (3) PCI-E 3.0 x16 expansion slots
- (2) PCI-E 3.0 x8 expansion slots
- (1) PCI-E 2.0 x8 expansion slot (x4)
- External USB expansion:
- (6) USB 3.0 ports (2) Front (4) Rear
- (4) USB 2.0 ports (2) Front (2) Rear
The XENON Nitro™ ZX2 features an embedded dual Intel® i210 1GbE network interface.
900W High Efficiency power supply (Optional 1200W). The power supply is enabled with the PMBus protocol to ensure stable performance operation and increase system uptime.
- Height: 16.7″(424mm)
- Depth: 20.68″(525.3mm)
- Width: 7.6″(193mm)
- Operating Temperature: 10°C to 35°C (50°F to 95°F)
- Non-operating Temperature: -40°C to 70°C (-40°F to 158°F)
- Operating Relative Humidity: 8% to 90% (non-condensing)
- Non-operating Relative Humidity: 5% to 95% (non-condensing)
XENON can add extra features to maximise the return on investment in your Nitro™ visual workstation.
- Ethernet cards that operate within your Ethernet fabric at 10GbE, 40GbE, 56GbE and 100GbE speeds for maximum throughput and reliability.
- InfiniBand /VPI interface cards that offer data throughput rates of 10Gb, 20Gb,40Gb,56Gb and 100Gb/s
- High Speed, high performance DDR4 memory with ECC error detection
- High performance, low latency memory for overclocking
- SSD SATA Drives in 240GB/480GB and 960GB capacities
- NVMe PCIe SSD Flash Drives in 400/800GB and 1.2/1.6/2TB capacities
- Enterprise class SATA Drives in 1/2/3/4/6/8TB capacities