For IP-based solution providers, Mellanox Technologies offers Rivermax, an Ethernet Video Fabric (EVF) solution that boosts video streaming performance in 10, 25, 40, 50 and up to 100 gigabits per second networks.
Rivermax implements an optimized software library API for media streaming applications. Rivermax runs on Mellanox ConnectX®-5, or higher, network adapters and makes use of ConnectX dedicated hardware streaming accelerations. These offloads allow the application to remain in frame/line(s) level while hardware strips packet-level headers and assembles frames/line(s) directly to application memory.
Rivermax enables the use of common off-the-shelf (COTS) servers for HD to Ultra HD flows. Rivermax combined with the use of world-leading Mellanox ConnectX-5, or higher, network adapters offers a unique IP-based solution that enables compliance with SMPTE 2110-21, while reducing CPU utilization for video data streaming and achieving highest throughput.
- Single Xeon core receives or sends 64 HD streams
- Performance scales linearly
- SMPTE 2110-21 compliance with network adapter packet pacing even at 100GbE
- SMPTE ST 2022-6 Transport, 2110-30 Audio, and 2110-40 Ancillary for live production
- Offloads application to deal with frames/lines level
- Cloud ready
- Easy integration with PTP stack
- Supports Linux and Windows
- Simple straight forward API to meet the streaming application needs
- Rivermax is a VMA technology: Mellanox proven acceleration solution
- Short integration time